17.1.12

Nickname

Suddenly had a thought to post about "Nickname" since I come to realize how people around me enjoying to call me with names they create themselves and I now got like ample of it.. several of them sounds good, but the rest of it were just "oh nooo!!" and here I am..hitting my keyboard.. trying to type some of those ridiculous names that I still remember.. 

Ade
in Indonesia its refer to the second/third/last son/daughter in the family..
It is created by my Mom ever since I was born.. and as most other family, my older sister sometimes called "kakak".

Iya / Ia
This is the name that my family and close relatives often call me and lately my best friend which is also my relative @iramayarosalina starts to publish it at school (no wonder my high school friends often use this nickname as well) It's short and it's probably taken from my first and second name Lydia and Claudia (In Indonesia, ia means = Yes). Well, I wonder why did they not call me "Dia" it sounds better than "ia"  . Remember, the show on NBC "The Voice" there is a contestant name Dia Frampton she's beautiful & talented.  

Clau
this is the most common nickname people (friends, acquaintance, relatives) use to call me till this very day. Sometime when they text me they use Clauw, Clauu, Clou, Klau, and the worst of all Claw -.-" probably because they didn't know what it means in English.

Claudi/ Claudy/ Claudhee
It sounds like cloudy, huh?

Clauditut / Claudices
(read: kelauditut / kelaudices) so not cool, I guess.. 
often used by closest people (at home) like my sister @MelindaSuwuh and others when she was hassling me to clean up the room, etc  -.-

Xiao Yi Tian
Actually, I have no idea how to write it both in pinyin or in Chinese letter.
It is not my Chinese name, for I'm not Chinese. The first person use this nickname was Kak Nova Rungkat after she watched a Chinese movie on TV (back to the olden days when I was 8 or something) She said the lil girl character depicted on the movie was similar to me as in her perseverance and toughness :) (that was what I still have in mind about that character, could probably exaggerating for certain purpose haha :P )

Cizhy
tbh, this name was created by me on my 'ABG' period (read= puberty). If I'm not mistaken I use it for my very first e-mail which I forgot by now. Some of my secondary school friends call me so but not anymore bcoz i found it sounds like "cheesy" which has negative meaning.

Claya
This name was also my 'creation', in my high-school period. It is from Claudia LydiaIn fact, my name in my birth certificate is Lydia Claudia Suwuh, but I modify it to create such beautiful name like Claya.. :P This name was not reach its expiry date yet as in other nicknames of mine :P. The first time I publish this name is through Facebook. My sis and bros at church and other places even change the way they call me from Clau to Claya. See, facebook has the power! I wonder how will people call me if my fb name was "Claudhee zlalu Setia" or whatever names Indo's alay teens often use. #nooffense

Lydiatun / atun
This nickname was born in my freshmen year in univ thru my bestie Pinkha. She likes to create nickname for every person. Most of the times, she creates it in the most ridiculous way so that they may be embarrassed when u were called so in the midst of the crowd. 

Here I come to other nicknames they use to call me not etymologically created from my name..

Miss Universe : used by some of my juniors in faculty especially "anak2 BKK" ever since they know I participate in Miss Indonesia Universe pageant last year.
Lady : used by "Lord Highness" (the way me and Pinkha use to call one of our wonderful lecturer). She always misspell and mis-remind my name and call me Lady instead of Lydia.
Ketua : in Indonesia means "Head"..use by some people at campus ever since I became the head of Student Association.
Mahasiswa Teladan : Some friends of mine in batch 2008 calls me so ever since I won the Unsrat Best Student award (3rd place). They actually call me this way to make fun of me and to tease me., and you know, this is like put a weight on my neck.. Sincerely, I don't like it.. :|
The Most Wanted Bachelorette : created by @pammylalalalala just a couple of week ago. Apa2an ini?? O.o

Well, what is in a name? as Shakespeare said.
As long as you didn't call me b*tch or some names of animal usually use to mock people,. I think I would not be bothered.. haha :D

Enjoy your days my journal readers.. ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment