22.10.11

I read 320 books at 9. So can You!


        I recently found a new amazing kid that's been such an inspiration for kids in this age. She's Dayna Tan, the author of  "I read 320 books at 9. So can You!" which I read yesterday.. I feel so blown away with how this amazing kid could read such number of books and could write such a great book in her very young age.. She inspires me in the way Adora Svitak* did.. :) I read her book nonstop.. many new information I got from her book and I have made up my mind to make reading a fix part of my life and not to force myself to read books I don't feel like reading it so that my love for book will not decrease even a few.. haha..
 Any book you recommend me to read?? :D

http://www.ted.com/talks/adora_svitak.html
Here's the link to get to know Dayna more..
http://daynatan.com/
"You don't need to be a "A" student to write a book."

"You don't need to be good at writing compositions in order to write a book."

"If you have passion in the topic of interest, you can write about it."

"Many children have the impression that a good writer must be good at writing composition in school."

"Ideally yes, but not necessary! Simply because, in writing composition, you are given very limited time to complete the composition. Whereas in writing a book, you can take as long as you want to improve the contents, the sentence structures, the grammar and the choice of words."

"So don't be discouraged, IT IS POSSIBLE even if you did not score "As" in your compositions."

"Everyone can write a book if they write according to their interest!"

"It took me nine months to complete the book, not ninety minutes!"


"Reflecting back, I think it was difficult at the beginning because...I told myself that it was difficult."

- Dayna Tan 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment